What are the minimum system requirements you recommend?
One of the key reasons we designed our goggles to be compatible with a variety of machines is so you can use your existing laptop and not need an expensive and dedicated computer. That being said, there are some minimum software and hardware requirements you should be aware of when choosing the computer with which you will use your infrared video goggles.
- Built-In Graphics Card (Most common) – i7 or better, processor speed of 2.5 GHz or higher
- 3rd Party Graphics Card (AMD/NVIDIA) – i5 or better, processor speed of 2.0 GHz or higher
- Memory (RAM) – 12GB or more
- Dedicated 3rd Party Video Card (AMD/NVIDIA) – Strongly preferred. Learn why
Operating System Compatibility
- Windows 10
- MacOS >= 10.12 (aka “Sierra”)
If you plan on using the recommended OBS software, please review the OBS Downloads page to confirm compatibility.
Note: Our scene templates and many functionalities do not work with Windows 8 or 8.1. OBS will end support for Windows 8/8.1 soon–so if you are planning on using OBS, please find a machine that meets the above specs for best performance.