How can I remove or move the ring on the canal?
The rings on the Functional Inner Ear model were designed to be moved from canal to canal. The rings themselves have a snap to hold the ring shut, but with simple finger movements, you can easily open the ring. Here is what the ring looks like open:
- Identify the section of the ring that opens, as seen in the graphic
- Grasp the ring with two fingers and open the ring.
- Rotate the ring if it doesn’t open–sometimes it’s hard to see which part is the hinge and which part has the snap
- Replace ring by placing around the canal and firmly snapping the ring shut. Be careful to line up the snap so the part connect perfectly.
- You will hear a snapping sound when the ring is completely shut.