Below are the recommendations for cleaning the goggles, but please note that you should also review the policies and procedures set forth in your organization to make sure you conform to those as well.
Goggles must be cleaned before each patient use!
- For all parts excluding the camera lenses:
- Use disinfectants such as hydrogen peroxide or isopropyl alcohol/quaternary ammonia based disinfectants, following the cleaning product’s instructions regarding contact (wet) time and dry time.
- Remove the face cushion and wipe the entire cushion.
- Wipe external surfaces of the goggles and strap.
- Camera Lens
- Wipe them with 70% concentration isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) and once dry, wipe them gently with a microfiber lint-free cloth.
For Clostridium difficile (C. diff) precautions, please disinfect the face cushion, strap, body of the goggles, and cable using hypochlorite-based germicides, following the cleaning product’s instructions regarding contact (wet) time and dry time.