Grow with us!
Vestibular First is always looking for talented professionals to help support our mission! Take a look at the postings below and follow the instructions on the posting if you’re interested.
Vestibular First is looking for a Director of Business Development to join our growing team in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Vestibular First is a team of passionate and creative clinicians, engineers, and technologists who are dedicated to producing innovative and affordable vestibular technologies.
Your primary responsibility is selling the Insight Infrared Video Goggles to improve the quality of care for people suffering from dizziness and vertigo worldwide. You will be selling our products and services to hospitals, clinics, doctors’ offices, healthcare professionals, and researchers. Your performance and total compensation will be based on your sales results.
This position offers a breadth of challenges along with the opportunity to have a measurable impact on our growing business. You will be joining a small team at Vestibular First and will work independently with opportunities for mentorship from colleagues available. This position offers exposure to multiple teams across the company and requires frequent interaction with the CEO.
- Contact potential customers at hospitals, outpatient clinics, doctors’ offices, rehab facilities, and nursing homes to sell medical products and services
- Travel to defined geographies to sell medical equipment and services
- Arrange sales presentations and follow-up meetings with with clinicians, doctors, healthcare administrators, and researchers
- Cold-call or go door-to-door
- Build relationships with medical staff and researchers
- Provide competitive information such as bid situations, pricing data, and bundling arrangements in order to establish negotiated pricing contracts for assigned products
- Perform product demonstrations, installations, and basic application support
- Improve product knowledge and sales techniques
- Travel throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit orders or talks with customers on sales floor or by phone
- Research competitors and related market assessment
- Gather, analyze, and deliver information from the field to allow the company to develop strategies and products appropriate to our target market
- Coordinate all issues with key clients between sales, service, support, customer services, marketing, and finance
- Generate quotes, take orders, and disburse receipts
- Work with marketing team to coordinate sales efforts and promotions to generate leads, promote brand awareness, and develop educational materials
- Passion for building a great company that is a leader in the healthcare sector
- Ability to create frequent sales and lasting partnerships with healthcare providers
- Knowledge of clinical care, terminology, and billing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, especially cold calling
- Experience with financial modeling and data comprehension
- Ability to travel often and broadly
- Detail-orientated and a perfectionist at heart
- Able to provide thought leadership and direction to a cross-functional team
- Ability to lift 25 lbs and utilize hand tools for setup and transportation of trade show displays
- Previous work experience in start-ups and/or healthcare sales
- Clinical degree (RN, PT, MD, DC, etc.) and work experience as a vestibular clinician strongly preferred
- Prior role in leadership in a director role highly preferred
- Tactical experience with contracts, business development and negotiations
- Self-reliant, assertive, inventive and persistent
- Have 3+ years of relevant professional experience or equivalent education
- History of measurable success throughout your career
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of an organization
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance for employee
- Flexible Schedule
- Paid vacation, sick, and personal days
- Eligible for company performance bonuses and stock options
- Free lunch for days worked at the office!
Interested? Send your cover sheet and resume to the attention of Helena Esmonde at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.